Re: Stern tube hose

James Alton

Arlo,
  Sorry to hear that the hose you ordered seems to be too flexible.  Jamestown Distributors (Rhode Island) appears from the website to have the Algonquin hose in stock though not your exact size.  The hose is only about $15 per pc. So maybe it would be worth getting a size above and below your messurement to see what fits the best.  I replaced the hose on Sueno with the Algonquin hose this year and found the hose to be pretty soft so it should stretch some or compress some.  I should have other sources if Jamestown can't help you.  You are welcome to send me an email if you prefer.   Best of luck.

James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220

On Dec. 15, 2019 10:14 a.m., Arlo <svplanb@...> wrote:
Hello James. The measurements I took are right at the end of the hose on the stern tube where the hose stops once fully seated. Same on the stuffing box, so the barbs if any are not included. We are hauling out today and will start the dissembling process tomorrow and I will take the stuffing box to the local prop shop in hopes that they have some of the Buck Alog. Hoses. I will also call Buck Alog. on Monday to see what they think as well. The Tides hose I recieved yesterday seemed more flexible than I was expecting  so the jury is still out on the use of that hose...I may ping you tomorrow if I come up empty. I really appreciate the help.
Arlo