battens for main

JEFFREY KRAUS

Good Day Amelians,
I'm planning to put my new main sail on, and I noticed that the new battens provided by Q Sails are a bit different then the original.
They are somewhat tapered in thickness as you go from one end to the other.
My assumption would be that whatever end goes in first would best have the thinner end to allow the battens to fit thru the gap as the sail is winding in.
If anyone has replaced their main with a new Q Sails main, I'd like to know your feedback on the best orientation of the battens.
Thanks in advance.
Jeff Spirit Amel 54 #14 Puerto Real Puerto Rico