Re: Shipper for Channel Islands to La Rochelle

tony wells

Hi Matt

I guess you maybe dealing with Michael Fitton at Mainbrace? I bought a motor from him earlier this year - excellent service. I’m surprised he can’t arrange a carrier? He could’ve sent mine to London but I collected it from the ferry in Poole in the end.

You could try https://www.shiply.com/ I haven’t received competitive quotes from them (they’re an online broker) but you might get lucky.

If it’s ultimately simpler / cheaper for you, I know you’re able to fly with engines from the Uk with EasyJet (up to 32kg?) as hold luggage. Check with Ryanair, who fly to La Rochelle.

If you’re heading to the Med, then Mecca Marine in Malta happily sells new 2 stroke motors...(or get Mainbrace to ship to Gibraltar and pick it up VAT-free?).

All the best,

Tony
A54 102 Balthazar (Malta)

On 18 Dec 2019, at 10:31, Matt Salatino via Groups.Io <helmsmatt@...> wrote:

Hello All,
I’m trying to find a shipper who can ship an outboard motor from the Channel Islands to La Rochelle.
Does anyone have any contacts?
Thanks in advance,
Matt Salatino