We had 2 problems in our Raymarine auto helm
Which we sorted in the mid pacific
1 the springs holding the carbon brushes on the armature needed tightening to apply more pressure
2 when we pulled the actuator arm to bits the tiny ball bearings were dry so we filled the arm and ball bearings with lithium grease and reassembled
It has gone ever since with us sailing another 4000 miles
I have also purchased a new motor unit as a Spare part ein the USA for peace of mind. While dealing with the issue I noticed in the hand book that the unit should be sent to an autohelm agent for service every two years
Nga Waka sn 141
Hi, have a look at brushes dust inside linear drive to avoid bad electrical connections. That happened to me.
All the best to all
Eutikia SM2k 428
Inviato da iPhone
Il giorno 18 dic 2019, alle ore 19:13, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...
> ha scritto:
I'm fairly sure it was the wires to the drive motor that had the corroded connections , not the rudder sensor. The techs advising me did all those diagnostics too. Its not a hard job to check all connections.
On 19 December 2019 at 06:40 "Duane Siegfri via Groups.Io" <carlylelk@...> wrote:
Thanks for your reply, but I'm sure it's not the rudder sensor. Raymarine gave me the resistance between various pairs of the four rudder sensor wires and they were all within spec. If there was corrosion the resistance would be too high.