Re: Raymarine Autopilot

eric freedman

Duane,

You are absolutely correct. Each drive has a clutch.

Therefore, I would check the wiring as the fault is on both drives. Possibly the rotary switch that connects one drive or the other. The Course computer is definitely a suspect. One time my S3G started to seek and not head in the direction that the control head was set for. I spent over a hour with Raymarine on the phone trying to calibrate the computer.. They said I was doing something wrong.  I said I will just swap out the course computer with my spare.

They said I would have to recalibrate it. It did lock on immediately without calibration.

I sent it to the chief poobah at Raymarine and he found a cold solder joint on the circuit board.

Problem solved.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376