Boatwide Power Loss

sbmesasailor

For any of you who were interested in my inquiry (several weeks ago) about total power loss on my Maramu when a loose alternator cable shorted out, I solved the problem.  I wasn't in any hurry as it's winter in Santa Barbara and after several years sailing between the 20th parallels I've become a warm weather sailor, so my diagnosis was spread out over several days.  At any rate, in case anyone else has a similar event, check your main house battery switch terminals.  I had a 300A fuse on the red cable terminal that blew.  An $8 fix -whew.  Now I got to get that alternator re-installed....

Dennis Johns
Libertad
Maramu #121