Re: Corrosion X on stainless question

Porter McRoberts

That’s a great way to go for sure. Get all the funk out. Thanks JPG!! Glad we’re still upright!!!!

Have a good Haulout yourself.

Porter.

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone
Www.fouribis.com

On Dec 21, 2019, at 2:55 PM, Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...> wrote:

Not a metallurgist but FYI, we use a pressure washer and fresh water to clean out the lowers.

We’ve had some strong winds. Walked through the yard and Ibis is fully secured with no slack on any of the stands.

Merry Christmas to all ou youse

JP Germain
Eleuthera SM 007
On 22/12/2019, at 2:28 AM, Porter McRoberts via Groups.Io <portermcroberts=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

A question if you would re Corosion X and Stainless.

I am, as likely many are on this forum, a fan of Corrosion X. It has proven invaluable in he last couple of years on he boat. So using the “if it’s good here it must be good everywhere logic”, and knowing one of the problem areas of rigging is the lower swages we sprayed it into the open swages before we left the boat to displace moisture and hopefully deter water ingress there. But now I’m thinking about the nature of stainless steel and the metal’s, for lack of a better understanding, need for oxygen exposure. Perhaps I didn’t do the right thing. Any thoughts on this matter? Any metallurgists out there?

Many thanks

Porter McRoberts
S/V IBIS A54-152