Cockpit Extensions

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>

Hi Danny,

It is a long story-you should come by for all of the details or email me at bill"at"svbebe.com.

The short version is that we added stainless tubing between the mizzen shrouds and the mizzen mast to support the aft side of the bimini extension. We shortened and modified the Amel supplied bimini extension to terminate at the newly installed tubing. And we had zippered white vinyl & sunbrella-shade panels made for the sides and aft of the bimini extension.

We also had white vinyl & sunbrella-shade panels copies made of the Amel supplied bimini side curtains. We had all of this work done by Petra in Carriacou, Grenada (little German girl who is great with this stuff). There are some photos of our cockpit enclosure (as well as another boat's) under Photos this site titled SM Bimini. One of our photos is at this link:

We will be in Opua until about 3 May...please stop by or call NZ 021-293-1340.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, SM2 #387
Opua Marina A-End

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "simms@..." <simms@...> wrote:

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "svbebe" <yahoogroups@> wrote:
Hi Bill, sorry I dont have your answer. I am calling you as we are new owners of SM 299, she is in Ft Lauderdale Florida where we will join her soon. We are based in Mangonui NZ, just north of where you are in Opua. I have seen Be Be when we visited Wanderer and the cockpit cover extension you have is just what we want to do. Where did you get that work done or is it an Amel option?
Regards
Danny