--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 10:31 AM Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

Thanks Bill, I’ll check that. The entire heater was replaced 5 years ago.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse
Sent: 27 December 2019 11:41
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Water heater troubleshooting

If I had this problem, I would check for 220VAC at the heating element terminals. If you have 220VAC at the terminals, it is the heating element, which is not difficult to change on a 54 Isotemp Basic. It is also the most common failure with a life of 6-12 years, depending on use.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019, 9:28 AM Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

Hi All,

My hot water heater has stopped heating the water. I’m guessing its either the thermostat or the heating element. Would anyone be able to give me a pointer as to how best to find out which one is at fault? The heater is an Isotemp Basic type 40HXCV.

Cheers, and Season’s Greetings!

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

--