From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ian & Judy Jenkins
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2009 4:15 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Amel] Onan Genset cutting out on SM 302, Pen Azen

Thanks for your replies,guys.I don't think its the fuel. I will check the
water flow sensor. The Onan guys I spoke to thought it might be a faulty
sensor. So far its only faulty every few hours and restarts after pressing
the restart button. I can live with that till I get home!

Cheers, Ian

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: edmundsteele@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:39:59 -0500

Ian,
When you try to restart the engine, can you hear the fuel pump "ticking"?
Some automobile "vacuum" gauges also measure fuel pump pressure on the
"other" side of the zero vacuum line. I don't know the spec for the Onan
fuel pump but I would expect to see 2 or 3 pounds of output fuel pressure.
The pump may be working but the output pressure marginal.
Good Luck,
Ed
SM 311

Beyond Hotmail - see what else you can do with Windows Live.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665375/direct/01/