Recommentation for Sharki second autopilot

Volker

Dear all,
hope everyone did have a great Chrismas and will have a good start into 2020.

We are starting to prepare our Sharki for the long passage from Europe to the Caribbean. Up to now we have sailed her in the Netherlands and Baltic sea and the installed Autohelm ST6000 autopilot worked quite well. But crossing an ocean, I think we should have a second backup system. Especially as we are a small crew of just two persons.
I know that Amel did install on the bigger models two autopilots, but I have never seen a second autopilot installed on a Sharki. The space in the aft cabin next to the rudder quadrat is quite limited. Even when a compact drive unit Like the Jefa DD15 may fit in, I am not sure whether it will work smoothly.
We also thought about wind pilots, but also not sure there as mizzen boom seems to long and may hit the wind vane.

Would be great to get some input from other Sharki owers
Best regards,
Volker

S/Y MickMoon - Sharki #176