Re: Recommentation for Sharki second autopilot

Giorgio Ardrizzi

Il Dom 29 Dic 2019, 19:41 Warren Traill <trailz@...> ha scritto:

Hi Giorgio. I also own a Sharki. I've been sailing with no autopilot for some years now in SE Asian waters. I am seriously considering a wheel mounted pilot but am constantly advised that they would be unsuitable for a vessel of the size of the Sharki and also because of the close proximity of the wheel to the bulk head.
Can you advise me of the performance of your wheel mounted pilot?
And any comments from other s would also be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Warren Traill
Manon2
Sharki#15

On 30 Dec 2019 1:33 a.m., Giorgio Ardrizzi <giorgio.ardrizzi@...> wrote:
On my Sharki I installed a Windpilot that also works as an emergency rudder. No problem with mizzen.  Then I also have a Navico electronic pilot installed externally on the steering wheel.
The idea of ​​having all the spare parts of a Raymarine seems good, but a friend of mine this year during the crossing from Cabo Verde to Martinique broke the wheel rack and had to helm a SM for 1300 miles with the emergency bar!
If you don't want to install a wind pilot I highly recommend you try installing a Raymarine directly on the rudder.
Best
Giorgio Ardrizzi - Sharki # 1
In Prickly Bay, Grenada

Il Dom 29 Dic 2019, 11:34 Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222 <Bijorka@...> ha scritto:
I belive the mitzen boom will end with the deck it is no problem to insal a wind vane on my old euros 39 it was instalt one an sailomat 3040
If you like the salilomat sen me a mail
Best Elja
SM 222

Von meinem iPhone gesendet