Re: Super Maramu 2000 - Water in bilge hall way compartment

Thomas Peacock

I have earned a PhD in the subject of water in the bilge next to the forward head.
If you don’t see any obvious egress from the hoses there, then the most likely source is the bow thruster. If you are sure that it isn’t there, I would then check the anchor wash pump and its connections. Both those areas drain down into that bilge.
 Other possibilities include the forward air conditioner condensate and plumbing related to the sink.
In my case, it was all four of those, each solved one at a time.

Tom Peacock
SM 240 Aletes
Martinique

On Dec 30, 2019, at 9:11 PM, Lucy Pearce sv Starfish via Groups.Io <lucyannepearce@...> wrote:

Hi

We have found a fair amount of water in the bilge compartment under the hallway between the forward head and cabin.(where the depth sounder and speed gauge are located)

The toilet pump has stopped working, whether this is because of the water in there, or whether a broken pump has caused water to accumulate here I don’t know.

Does anyone know what the valve/stopcock is in this bilge compartment or offer any advice?

many thanks in advance

Lucy and Chris
Starfish HIN 238 Super Maramu 2000
<E36695DD-E9FC-42C4-B7BC-BA7952715AC4.jpeg>