Re: Super Maramu 2000 - Water in bilge hall way compartment

Dan Carlson

You can buy in-expensive battery powered water alarms from Amazon.  Place one in this compartment and you will get a quick reminder when you leave the bow thruster down, un-pinned or the seals no longer keep the water out.

If you really bash into the waves for a while, some sea water may be forced past the bow thruster seals even when they keep it out in other conditions.

Best regards, Daniel Carlson on sv BeBe, SM#387

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019, 8:11 PM Lucy Pearce sv Starfish via Groups.Io <lucyannepearce=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io wrote:
Hi

We have found a fair amount of water in the bilge compartment under the hallway between the forward head and cabin.(where the depth sounder and speed gauge are located)

The toilet pump has stopped working, whether this is because of the water in there, or whether a broken pump has caused water to accumulate here I don’t know.

Does anyone know what the valve/stopcock is in this bilge compartment or offer any advice?

many thanks in advance

Lucy and Chris
Starfish HIN 238 Super Maramu 2000