Re: Super Maramu 2000 - Water in bilge hall way compartment

Lucy & Chris,

More than likely the water accumulation is because the bow thruster needs servicing with tube seal replacements, or you have sailed the boat without using the locking pin to secure the bow thruster in the UP position, or maybe you sailed with the bow thruster in the DOWN position. Whatever the cause, the accumulated water is likely not the only thing you need to address. Things like seals, rust on the base of the motor, and possibly a bow thruster tube frozen to the base of the motor. I don't mean to scare you, but you probably need some help.

Maybe we should discuss this. I offer 1 hour of consulting at no cost to you: 1 hour free consulting Let me know. brouse@...

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 5:59 AM Dan Carlson <carlsdan61@...> wrote:
You can buy in-expensive battery powered water alarms from Amazon.  Place one in this compartment and you will get a quick reminder when you leave the bow thruster down, un-pinned or the seals no longer keep the water out.

If you really bash into the waves for a while, some sea water may be forced past the bow thruster seals even when they keep it out in other conditions.

Best regards, Daniel Carlson on sv BeBe, SM#387

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019, 8:11 PM Lucy Pearce sv Starfish via Groups.Io <lucyannepearce=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io wrote:
Hi

We have found a fair amount of water in the bilge compartment under the hallway between the forward head and cabin.(where the depth sounder and speed gauge are located)

The toilet pump has stopped working, whether this is because of the water in there, or whether a broken pump has caused water to accumulate here I don’t know.

Does anyone know what the valve/stopcock is in this bilge compartment or offer any advice?

many thanks in advance

Lucy and Chris
Starfish HIN 238 Super Maramu 2000