From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of svbebe
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 12:18 AM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel] Re: Bladder

Eric,

We have 9 fuel jerry jugs in the life raft locker and the life raft is in
the left side front of the cockpit port side locker (actually much easier to
deploy from there, I think!).

I talked to someone in Grenada about making a stainless steel tank for the
life raft locker, but later reconsidered thinking that I might still need to
transport fuel via jerry jugs. For that reason we decided not to spend the
prox $1,800 to build the tank. BTW, the hatch opening will restrict the size
of the tank...the interior of the locker is larger than the opening. I
cannot remember exactly the capacity of the tank the guy estimated, but it
was around 200 liters which is very close to the 189 liters I carry in 9
jugs.

We are half way around and have enjoyed the safety margin of having the
extra fuel. I have not yet needed to transport fuel back to the boat via
jerry jugs.

I remember that you have a bladder which you place in the cockpit locker and
have a transfer pump. If I were you, I would check around St. Martin for a
custom tank for the life raft locker. I am frequently amazed at the quality
and prices in St. Martin.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, SM2 #387

--- In amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, kimberlite <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Speaking of Bladders,

Has anyone ever tried putting a bladder in the life raft locker and the
raft
in the port locker?

Fair Winds,

Eric