Re: [Amel] Onan Genset cutting out on SM 302, Pen Azen

Hi Eric, That's a new one on me. I will check it out. However, I am pleased to say that I may have solved the problem. Shortly after we were joined by two friends for the week ( isn't that always the way--particularly when they are two Aussie girls who have no yottie experience and really wallop through the water and lights) the Onan stopped completely after firing up twice for just a few minutes.That, of course, gave me the chance to isolate each sender in turn. I first disconnected the exhaust temperature sender and the Onan has been running sweetly ever since. With the prayers that have been flowing upwards from this boat I reckon old Henri himself must have heard us and guided me to the right sender first time. Of course I shouldn't be surprised that the Amel service obviously continues well into the next life!

You can keep Bob Marley and Jimmy Buffet-- the sweetest sound on Pen Azen at the mo is the Onan.

Fair winds, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen SM 302, Elizabeth Harbour, George Town, Exumas.

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: kimberlite@optonline.net
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 17:27:31 -0500
Subject: RE: [Amel] Onan Genset cutting out on SM 302, Pen Azen

Ian doesn't the start button blink in a sequence that tells you what the
problem is?
Fair Winds
Eric
Sm

From: edmundsteele@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:39:59 -0500

Ian,
When you try to restart the engine, can you hear the fuel pump "ticking"?
Some automobile "vacuum" gauges also measure fuel pump pressure on the
"other" side of the zero vacuum line. I don't know the spec for the Onan
fuel pump but I would expect to see 2 or 3 pounds of output fuel pressure.
The pump may be working but the output pressure marginal.
Good Luck,
Ed
SM 311