Re: SM galley Faucet very hot.

Thomas Peacock

One last idea, regardless:

If you have the original Amel faucet mechanism (which I assume is similar to that on our boat), I would replace it no matter what the problem turns out to be. Our faucet was very simple, a hot/cold mixing control, and the rigid faucet. I replaced it with a more modern faucet, which has two extra features: a switch to select either regular flow or spray, and an inner hose extension which allows the faucet to be pulled out of its base.

Both of these features greatly enhance dish washing, and reduce water usage.

Tom Peacock
SM 240 Aletes
Martinique

On Jan 4, 2020, at 8:28 AM, ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington@...> wrote:

I suggest you install check valves (one way valve) on the cold side before the mixer tap. This will prevent hot water working it’s way into the cold side.
It is a common problem especially when motoring as the hot water gets up to 80 degrees Celsius and will be at a slightly higher pressure than the cold.
Nick
S/Y Amelia AML 54
Greece

On 4 Jan 2020, at 09:58, JOSE PRIETO <prietomd11@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Guys,

Thanks for your advices.
I'm living on board the boat in Alicante - Spain.

Cheers

Jose Prieto SY Wayag SM323