From: svbebe
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:18 PM
Subject: [Amel] Head discharge hose clogged with calcification

I searched and searched because I remember someone describing how they solved the problem I have, but I could not find the posting.

One of our heads stopped discharging. I removed the prox 1" hose that is the discharge hose from the maceration pump and found it partially clogged with calcification. I also removed the prox 2" diameter 10" long hose that the 1" hose connects to and found it completely blocked with calcification.

The metal brass or bronze pipe that the 2" hose connects to is also blocked with calcification. The hoses are removable/replaceable and easy to take care of...the pipe has got me!

I was able to remove a considerable amount of calcification from the pipe with various screwdrivers, but it is still blocked.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe SM2 #387