From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Duane Siegfri via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, January 5, 2020 12:20 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] ringbolt in stbd bulward for ballooner halyard

I am working on the rusting bolts securing the stanchions.  There is a ringbolt on the stbd side (used to secure the halyard for the ballooner) on top of the bulwark that has some rust.  It appeared to be secured in the same way the stanchion base bolts are - threaded into embedded steel plates.

When I tried turning the bolt out it moved with the expected effort on a 12 inch long wrench, by which I mean it's not twisted off.  No matter how many rotations it does not advance out of the bulwark more than 1/8th of an inch or so. I'm assuming that somehow in the past someone stripped the threads, but it won't just pop out either.   It's just forward of the mast so I looked in the wire compartment that feeds the mast and there is no nut evident.

The only conclusion I can come to is that the ringbolt is stripped...any other ideas?

Thanks,
Duane
Wanderer