Re: Batteries

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

We bought a set of deep cycle lead acid batteries from West Marine in Newport Rhode Island in 2009, got 8 years out of them. They would have lasted longer if I hadn't messed up by leaving the freezer open and switched on when I left the boat on its mooring for 6 weeks. I leave two fridges on to use the power from wind gen and solar but hit the wrong breaker.  They were labelled "West Marine". I replaced them with Trojans in New Zealand

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 08 January 2020 at 04:15 Chuck_Kim_Joy <clacey9@...> wrote:

Have not tried West Marine. Looking for lead acid deep cycle. Preferably Trojan good price good battery. Thanks for your reply.
Chuck
Joy #388

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 11:08 AM Mark Erdos < mcerdos@...> wrote:

Have you tried the local Costco? West Marine? It may help if you state the type of batteries you seek.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us