Re: Amel's suggestion to run the Volvo D3-110 (A54) daily while on passage

Jamie Wendell

Scott, Jamie Wendell here on Phantom.
As you may recall when we met last year, I told you I had saltwater migration into my D3-110 on my Amel 54. No one could positively identify why that happened, but the engine was toast. There is a long thread from 2015/2016 about that.
I replaced with a D3-150 and reworked the exhaust from the muffler to the discharge flapper. I upped the size to 90mm and replaced the flapper to match. The original was 90 to the muffler but only 76 downstream. I also shortened the loop significantly.
I have had no problems since.
Hope all is well with you guys. Enjoy PR.
Maybe see you next winter when I head back down.
Jamie
Phantom A54