Re: Batteries

Gary Silver

Chuck:

Sorry not to respond earlier.  Just got a chance to look at messages.  Earthquake took out power for a couple of days and wifi just dumped about 200 messages onto my phone.  I purchased my Trojan SCS 225 Group 30H batteries from Battery Giant, 1 Calle Acuarela, Suit 102, Guaynabo PR 00969 ( a few miles south of downtown San Juan),  Javier (787) 509-0109‬, main (939) 205-4444‬.  He had to special order them (not stocked) and it took about three weeks for them to come in.  I just timed it so they were there when I arrived back from the US.  $240 each total including the 11.5% tax on everything here in PR.  You will need a car to pick them up.  Perhaps they would deliver, don't know as I didn't enquire.  It is about a 15 minute drive from the San Juan Airport to Battery Giant, south of the city.  I just got them with the rental car upon arriving in San Juan and headed to Puerto Del Rey.

Let us all know if you find something better.

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 # 335
Slip 1439, Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico