Re: Batteries

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Thank you Gary for your reply. I hope the marina faired well following the earthquake. It will take some time for the mainlanders to get back to life as usual. We decided to go with DC batteries out of Miami. They quoted $2,150 (10 batteries) to St.Maarten through Tropical shipping. We can squeeze a little more life out of these. Can't believe they can ship so cheaply. We will be in Puerto Del Ray marina 1/27 for a few days. I'd like to meet if your there.
Best regards,
Chuck

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 12:03 PM Gary Silver via Groups.Io <garysilver=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Chuck:

Sorry not to respond earlier.  Just got a chance to look at messages.  Earthquake took out power for a couple of days and wifi just dumped about 200 messages onto my phone.  I purchased my Trojan SCS 225 Group 30H batteries from Battery Giant, 1 Calle Acuarela, Suit 102, Guaynabo PR 00969 ( a few miles south of downtown San Juan),  Javier (787) 509-0109‬, main (939) 205-4444‬.  He had to special order them (not stocked) and it took about three weeks for them to come in.  I just timed it so they were there when I arrived back from the US.  $240 each total including the 11.5% tax on everything here in PR.  You will need a car to pick them up.  Perhaps they would deliver, don't know as I didn't enquire.  It is about a 15 minute drive from the San Juan Airport to Battery Giant, south of the city.  I just got them with the rental car upon arriving in San Juan and headed to Puerto Del Rey.

Let us all know if you find something better.

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 # 335
Slip 1439, Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico