Re: Amel's suggestion to run the Volvo D3-110 (A54) daily while on passage

karkauai

Hi Danny,
So do we have a flap valve somewhere in the system?  I thought it was supposed to be at the muffler.  Do we have one at the exhaust exit thru-hull?
If not, should we?

I have been aware of the fact that water can backflow into the engine on a port tack, and do run the engine and generator a couple times a day while at sea and have had no problems so far.

Kent
Kristy
SM243

On Jan 9, 2020 1:29 PM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Kent, We have the same. Identical including the tread on top.

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 10 January 2020 at 03:23 "karkauai via Groups.Io" <karkauai@...> wrote:

Kristy (SM243) has a stainless steel mixing "box" instead of a Vetus muffler.  Pic attached.  Is there a flap valve here as well?    If not, can one be added to the exhaust hose?  If that's a bad idea, should I be getting a muffler?

Thanks,
Kent and Iris
Palm Beach FL heading to Bahamas and S with the next weather window.
_._,_.
_._,_