Re: Amel's suggestion to run the Volvo D3-110 (A54) daily while on passage

Germain Jean-Pierre

Gotta have some Keep it simple Stupid.  Amel gives us a simple task to keep our engines running for years…

:-)

Jean-Pierre Germain

On 12 Jan 2020, at 19:16, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Im with you on that Scott.

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 12 January 2020 at 14:13 Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:

I would be concerned leaving the vent open on the Vetus because in the past, we've had to start the engine somewhat unexpectedly. For example, a rain-less squall came and resulted in a huge wind shift that the autopilot couldn't cope with, resulting in us getting backwinded. I fired up the engine and quickly got us around the right way.

Might be a bit more complicated if you're dumping seawater and CO into the engine room.

I'll stick to running it for 15 minutes daily and enjoy the hot water showers!
--
Scott
2007 A54 #69