Re: A54 fridge circulation pump

Sv Garulfo

Hi All,
After 3 flojets (full time liveaboard, typically running 1fridge+1 freezer, lifespan 8-14mths), we have installed and been running on the Marco UP-2P 24v for a 1.5 months, as recommended earlier in related thread ( (#48365) + (#49456)). So far so good but still early days to say, and yes it is noisier than the Flojet.

@Scott, I thought you mentioned earlier in sep that you had ordered the Marco UP-2P 24v too, and were either running it or planning to soon. What was your experience with it?

Thanks,
Soraya
GARULFO A54-122
Nuku Hiva, Marquesas, FP

On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 08:44, Jamie Wendell <mysticshadow54@...> wrote:
I have had many, many motor failures using the Flojet pumps you all are referencing - often they last less than a year. In many instances the failures have caused my refrigeration units to shut down, and in one case in Martinique I had to replace the evaporator on the freezer under the seat.
I have determined that the failures occur most often as the boat battery voltage drops off (tough to keep at 100%), and that is one reason I am considering upgrading to Lithium batteries this year.
Maybe I have been too complacent and have just blindly bought new replacement pumps, but now (with 3 failed motors on board), I am determined to solve this issue once and for all.
Based on all the email conversation, can someone let me know which pump will work well? I have never checked the incoming voltage at the pump, but I am surprised to hear it is 12 volts vs. 24. I have used 24 volt motors in service, and I am not sure where the step-down occurs - maybe in the pump controller?
Any recommendations would be helpful, as I have seen many ideas.
Thanks,
Jamie Wendell
A54 Phantom