Re: A54 fridge circulation pump

Teun BAAS

Arno,

I am confused – I know that on the controller it mentions 12/24 volt but with the 3 Flojet pumps I purchased over the last year or so I always made sure they were 24 volt units. Do I need to have a 12 volt unit?

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

On the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

January 14, 2020 16:58:49

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909

You can follow AMELIT via this link: https://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/display/AMELIT

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arno Luijten via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2020 05:11
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] A54 fridge circulation pump

Hi Scott,

Great to hear I’m not the only one that has trouble with these pumps. I asked Flojet about this and they simply do not carry a brushless variant of this pump. I did have a look at a few other pumps that look very nice on paper (magnetic-drive and brushless). The two I tested (both centrifugal) did not supply enough pressure to overcome the resistance in the hoses/pipes. I now have al lot of pumps to do other stuff with :-(

Currently running a 12V/1.5A Flojet Quiet Quad but I’m sure it will die within a year despite the claim to be for continuous duty. It does stay cooler then the “official” Frigoboat pump that is actually a 24V shower-pump running at 12V. The pressure of the 12V model is adequate.

So I’m also interested in a more resilient solution to this problem. 

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.