Re: Looks like Amel hit one out of the box.

Arno Luijten

It is good to hear Amel chose the right way forward for evolving their yachts. Just saw the Yachting World Youtube about the Amel 60, it seems again a very well put together boat and I’m sure it will outsell the 64.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. So if people on this forum think Amel is going into the wrong direction with their designs, from their point of view they are right. The success of Amel is important to all of us, as it also enables them to provide after-sales service to their older boats. With the complexity of our boats this is very important. So I really hope the waiting-list for the 60 will be just als long as for the 50 and we can happily keep ordering spare parts!
For me I’m really happy with the design of our trusty 54 and stil gets me more exited then the design of the 50. But I’m not a potential buyer for a new 50-60 foot yacht so even if Amel’s choices are not the one I would like to see, reality is they make better choices then I would in their place.

Just my 2 cents....

Regards,
Arno Luijten
SV Luna,