Re: Repairing holes in aft cabin trunk / deck

Brian Gifford

Hi Kevin,
If you decide to remove the rack from the boat and need someone to do the gelcoat in the Charleston area I would recommend to get in touch with Luke at Carolina Custom Restorations. I have seen a bunch of his work and he does top notch stuff and her is a really nice guy too.
I like your idea of using low profile bolts to fill the holes, I would say to use butyl tape to seal the heads to the deck since the stuff is so effective. Just be sure not to let the heads move if you use the butyl, movement of the head will break the seal.