Re: A54 rudder removal

You do not need to remove the rudder on the 54 to change the packing. You need to remove the top of the rudder post (the quadrant). Then remove the packing nut from the rudder post, remove the old packing, then insert new packing from Amel, and tighten the nut. In 90 days, you will likely need to tighten the nut again.

I have more detailed instructions, but considering your experience, the above will likely work for you.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 6:24 PM Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I want to remove my rudder to change the stuffing and do a general inspection, but have no clue as to how this is done, so would very much appreciate a point in the right direction.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

--