Re: A54 fridge circulation pump

The normal amp draw of the FlowJet 4105-512 12VDC is 1.2. I assume that the "starting amperage" is momentarily higher. Considering everything, including voltage fluctuations when charging, maybe a 2 amp fuse is a little small.

I agree with you about installing multiple relays to replace the really nicely designed Frigoboat E51385 pump controller. If I had to replace the  E51385 with multiple relays, I would want to design an enclosure for the relays and a fuse for the load.

I have seen the E51385 for sale. I was probably old stock.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 9:24 AM Jamie Wendell <mysticshadow54@...> wrote:
Thanks for that info Bill. I did not realize what changes have been made.
I would want to retain the blue box, as it is far simpler for us Amelians who have factory systems. Converting to relays and all the associated wiring would not be much fun.
Fortunately, I have had not issues with it, other than I had to go to a 3A fuse vs 2A. The 2A kept blowing unexpectedly - maybe an age thing there as the systems start to draw more current.
Jamie
A54 Phantom