Re: Furler Top Swivel Santorin

Annsofie & Jonas Svanberg

If the swivel is the same as on a SM, there is bearings.
We took ours apart and filed a document under files. I don’t renember the name if the doc but Genua Swivel or Forstay or something similar.

There is a lot if pictures how the swivel looks and how it works.

Regards
Ann-Sofie
on S/Y Lady Annila SM232, 1998.

Skickat från min iPhone

18 jan. 2020 kl. 20:50 skrev Herbert Lackner <herbert@...>:

Hi Amelians,

I am working on KALI MERAs Genua Top Swivel.  It does not slide up and down easy, sticks to the foil under load. I cleaned the foil and used rigging lubricant, but still it does not go up and down smooth.  How is the connection between foil and swivel? Are there bearings or does it just slide (metal to metal).

Especially at the upper part of the foil there are already some scratches, I tried to polish them out, but you can see that the swivel creates theses scratches, and under load it "jams".  After polishing the foil and plenty of spray I can set the Genua, but it it is not as it should be.

Any ideas how to solve that?

thank you very much for your help

herbert
SN120, KALI MERA, Mexico