Re: A54 fridge circulation pump

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Teun;

I would be interested in getting a couple of spares on board. Can you please share the contact for the supplier. My e-mail mshirloo at transpacific.us

Respectfully;

Mohammad Shirloo

323-633-2222 Cell

424-644-0908 Fax

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Teun BAAS via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2020 1:46 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] A54 fridge circulation pump

Bill,

Thanks – I located 5 units close to COOMERA AUSTRALIA. I will try to secure 3 for myself; in case anybody approaches you within a reasonable amount of time there should be 2 more with them. Let me know in case you want the name & address of the AUSSIE marine supplier.

Best Regards Teun

January 20, 2020 14:45:41

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2020 14:42
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>

Teun,

I last time I saw an E51385 Pump Interface was in Europe, and that was almost a year ago. Coastal Climate Control in the US sold them, but no longer have any.

Bill

--

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 3:33 PM Teun BAAS <teun@...> wrote:

Bill,

Where in USA did you see the E51385 for sale? I have located some in AUSTRALIA but there is a payment issue which I think I can solve via my current boat agent in COOMERA but in case that fails I really want to have 2 or 3 for myself.

Best Regards Teun

January 20, 2020 14:33:05

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2020 09:30
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>

The normal amp draw of the FlowJet 4105-512 12VDC is 1.2. I assume that the "starting amperage" is momentarily higher. Considering everything, including voltage fluctuations when charging, maybe a 2 amp fuse is a little small.

I agree with you about installing multiple relays to replace the really nicely designed Frigoboat E51385 pump controller. If I had to replace the  E51385 with multiple relays, I would want to design an enclosure for the relays and a fuse for the load.

I have seen the E51385 for sale. I was probably old stock. 

--

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 9:24 AM Jamie Wendell <mysticshadow54@...> wrote:

Thanks for that info Bill. I did not realize what changes have been made.
I would want to retain the blue box, as it is far simpler for us Amelians who have factory systems. Converting to relays and all the associated wiring would not be much fun.
Fortunately, I have had not issues with it, other than I had to go to a 3A fuse vs 2A. The 2A kept blowing unexpectedly - maybe an age thing there as the systems start to draw more current.
Jamie
A54 Phantom

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.