Re: Amel 54 Emergency Tiller Storage Location

Peter Forbes

On Carango we use the little shelf on the forward bulkhead of the lazarette we drilled through the bulkhead into the rear cabin taking care that we drilled through so the holes were behind the ledge above the head of the double berth and out of sight. it was not too difficult and a works well.

Peter
Carango Amel 54 035
La Rochelle
00447836 209730
07836 209730

On 21 Jan 2020, at 21:22, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hi Paul;

I did think about this issue. My thoughts were that there are so few cases of the tiller being needed in a 54, as far as my research showed, that the location allocated by Amel would be adequate. In the unlikely event of a steering issue, we would be well motivated to remove the items required to get to the tiller. We may revisit this issue, if we hear sufficient arguments to the contrary.

Respectfully;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

Amel 54 #099