Re: Mobile communications - 4G, WiFi

eric freedman

Hi Ryan,
When I had Kimberlite made Amel mounted a bar between the backstays for our KVH Sat phone. Since we have the go- and no KVH we have extra space on the platform to mount the Groove.
Fair Winds,
Eric
SM 376 Kimberlite

On January 21, 2020 at 10:47 PM Ryan Meador <ryan.d.meador@...> wrote:

Eric, where did you mount your Groove?

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 10:37 PM eric freedman < kimberlite@...> wrote:
I have been using the groove 52 antenna and router for a few years . It picks up a weak signal and I get great connections. Right now no one on my dock has internet except me.
Fair Wind,
Eric
SM 376 kimberlite

On January 21, 2020 at 2:26 PM David Crisp < david@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be cruising the Mediterranean for the next few years. For internet/email access my primary channel will be mobile/4G although I'll use WiFi when available. Consequently I'm looking to install a good antenna/router system for 4G and WiFi.  I see there's one or two ready assembled products available from people like Digital Yacht or I could buy my own components and maybe get more bang for my Euro plus get even more job self-satisfaction!

Does anyone have any experience they can share?

Regards
David Crisp
SV Wilna Grace