Re: Amel 54 Emergency Tiller Storage Location

Peter Forbes

Paul,

We drilled right through and put a small (1mm) bolt through with washers each side  and we sealed it [so very small hole]. As to the height - I am not on board and will not be until May but it is not difficult to measure from inside and calculate the height for the hole.

When I’m on board again I can measure up from the sole of the lazerette but I expect you will have done it by then.

The bolt holds a canvas type pair of straps and the steering gear is held tight.

Peter

Peter Forbes
Carango Amel 54 035
La Rochelle
00447836 209730
07836 209730

On 22 Jan 2020, at 04:54, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

Thanks all for the feedback.

My idea was to fix a couple of steel bars to prevent them from falling out. These would be mounted just below the lazarette shelf, rotating up to prevent the tiller from falling out. However, I do not know how far into the GRP I can drill, so that info would be useful. Peter, you say you drilled through – how deep? Is it necessary to drill all the way through? And if so at exactly what height?

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98