URGENT Help Needed - RPM Issues

ericmeury <ericmeury@...>

hello, i'm helping kent bring his SM hull number 243 to richmond via bahamas. We are currently at the docks in ft lauderdale.

Kent sailed the boat from tx to ft laurdale and was only able to acheive a max of 1600 rpm.

Based upon previous experience and all the posts Ray Eaton was convinced that it was the turbo. Ray took the turbo off the boat had some part was broken and need to be replaced. The turbo was fixed and cleaned, so no carbon issues.

Also the prop ws cleaned before he left texas. So the probability that it is the prop is not high either. We haven't dove in yet to check but i do plan to do that on monday.

We are only able to do 1250 RPM under load. Engine doesn't smoke at all btw.

The Raycor's have also been cleaned.

Clearly this is an issue with these engines and most of the problem is related to carbon build up. After tracing the above and finding no problems, where do we go from here... injectors? fuel pump? and also any easy way to check.

Thank you.