Re: Crossing Pirate Waters

Ian Townsend

Hi Kelly. Sorry we missed you guys in the Boston area this summer.

Not quite sure what is meant by other AMEL-adjacent pursuits. I have seen several forum members who are quite active, who provide much-needed free and timely  guidance to others, often help out when we need parts custom manufactured (and always provide this service at cost) or mention their relevant support services (after giving free advice). However, the post we are debating is form a source that is quite different. This was someone, not active on the forum, not an owner, who posted purely for selling reasons. This is what I take umbrage with.

Apologies if I have missed or misinterpreted something

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
Bahamas

On Jan 23, 2020, at 10:21 AM, Kelly Ran <naryllek@...> wrote:

FWIW I appreciated the original post. I bought Julie's first book and will consider buying the sequel. I had some minor quibbles with the first book, but in general, it was a pleasant read. I should think it pertains to all of our interests (and benefits us by raising Amel's profile).
Not sure how this is any different from others advertising their Amel-adjacent pursuits.
Thanks all!

kelly + ryan
SM233 Iteration
Boston

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 9:33 AM CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
The posting was removed, the person posting was talked to and their status set to "moderated."

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020, 1:33 AM Dave Ritten <daveritten@...> wrote:

I hate this spam advertising. It feels bad.

--
Dave Ritten
Auckland