Re: Crossing Pirate Waters

David Cummane

Mark and Paul.  Spot on.    More respect for ‘moderator’ Bill wouldn’t go amiss either.  The forum is a non commercial, excellent resource for Amel owners, being information based and apolitical, with clear guidelines for use.  Opinions on so called commercial enterprises are irrelevant and should be barred.

Quite galling also to read non-amel owners inappropriately throwing their weight around.  Should the forum be restricted to owners only?

David

Ker Marie
SM#101

On 23 Jan 2020, at 21:36, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

My 2 cents on this:

I prefer not to have my feed from this group junked up with people selling Amel shirts, books on Amel travels, blogs with Amel owners, video channels featuring Amels etc.

While I’m sure Julie is a nice person and is passionate about her book, this is not the forum for self-promotion. She needs to establish a commercial fund to promote her book rather than trying the self promote “free” route at our expense. She can, at no-charge start a fan-club page on FaceBook, promote her page using paid ads and grow her membership. People wishing to follow her awaiting for the trilogy can do so.

This is what is stated on the front page of our group:
This Group frowns on commercial postings, however we encourage postings which will genuinely help Amel owners source needed parts and services. We encourage you to support the Amel brand and be respectful to the brand in your postings. Care should be taken to not post anything that could be considered offensive or derogatory regarding Amel, any Member, or Sponsor. Please refrain from political issues, rude, or inappropriate language. Please refrain from criticism of persons or businesses which you may have experienced unsatisfactory results, because it would be one-sided, without the ability of the other side to respond.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper
Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275
Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama