Re: Limiting group members to Amel Owners

Doug Smith

First time emailer to the group. Love it!  Stalking and learning, first, and now one of those newbie owners!  Purchased last month, after quite a few months of reading old email threads.
Keeping it open demonstrates what a great fellowship of learning and sharing that is native to this group. Helped me to know what I was getting into with such a huge investment.

Thanks, Doug Smith

Amel 54-113 Aventura
Dugsmith98@...

On Jan 24, 2020, at 11:29 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Courtney and Porter,

Agreed 100%. I could not have said it better.

Almost a year ago, when we moved to the groups,io platform, we made it clear that our group included Amel owners and those interested in the Amel brand. Since then about half of the new members have been those interested in the Amel brand. A significant number of those new members interested in the Amel brand have bought either a new or used Amel. Of course, we all understand the benefits to Amel, Amel owners, and interested parties.

We are working on a unique solution to the "commercial posting" issue which will satisfy both sides with a bonus for every member. Some of the details need some work before it is presented to the moderators for their consideration, but I am certain it will satisfy everyone.

Standby.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020, 9:51 AM Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <Itsfun1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I agree with Porter But let’s self limit some of the strong opinions that get expressed especially those new non owners
Sincerely
Courtney
svTrippin
54 #101
Grenada 🇬🇩

On Jan 24, 2020, at 11:34 AM, Porter McRoberts via Groups.Io <portermcroberts=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

It was being a lurker on this forum years ago which confirmed, for me, that an Amel was the right boat for our family.  Now 3 years in and 20,000 miles later I’m  so thankful, not only for the fine vessel (A54-152) we own but also this incredible group of thoughtful and intelligent members.  My vote is to keep it open to those with Amel interests, not just owners.
Porter McRoberts
A54-152 IBIS.

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone

On Jan 24, 2020, at 7:40 AM, Davi Rozgonyi <davi.rozgonyi@...> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 04:50 PM, David Cummane wrote:
Quite galling also to read non-amel owners inappropriately throwing their weight around.  Should the forum be restricted to owners only?

There isn't so much traffic on it that it bothers me. And any on here are probably looking to buy an amel, and as some of us are selling their amels, maybe allowing amel owners and serious wannabes is not such a bad thing.