De: Eric Lindholm <etlindholm@sbcglobal.net>
Asunto: Re: [Amel] shaft driven alternator
Para: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Fecha: domingo, 3 mayo, 2009 11:20

I use my shaft driven alternator and generally get 6 to 8 amps at 6 or 7 knots. Little if any noise in the aft stateroom, and I don't notice any reduction in speed. I have run with the trans locked out in a steady wind measured the speed, then released it with no change. Solar power is really limited. The largest array only puts out about 7 amps, and that is if the panel is cool, and only between about 11:00am and 3:00pm on an average day from May through September northern hemisphere. I am in California and I average closer to 4.5 amps., from about 10:00am to 5:00pm. Be sure you have a controller installed, because the panel will discharge at night if you don't. Never tried a wind generator, but it looks attractive.

Eric Maramu 105