Re: Crossing Pirate Waters

islandpearl2_sm2k332

Many thanks to you too then Mark McGovern. So pleased to see this group going from strength to strength with new blood stepping up and volunteering to take us forward. Well done!.

With our long-planned circumnavigation completed,  we will be selling our ocean capable SM2000 soon since we will be land-based only and working for the next 5 years, but we plan to purchase a smaller Amel 48 or 50 in the Med again in around 2025 for a few years local cruising there, so we will remain avid group members.

Colin & Lauren Streeter
SV Island Pearl II, sm #332 Brisbane, Australia

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 12:44 PM CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Thanks Colin.

I don't really deserve that praise. I am simply a guy who sailed an Amel, came to love the Amel brand, and is a little hardheaded.

The sub-group idea came from Mark McGovern, owner of SM CARA. And BTW, it was Mark who found Groups.io. Mark is also the guy that manufacturers several Amel parts that Amel no longer supplies.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020, 7:49 PM islandpearl2_sm2k332 <colin.d.streeter@...> wrote:
Thanks for your excellent idea Bill of creating a subgroup (hopefully an easily clickable tab?) which we could all click on to see anything which could be thought to have a  "commercial" focus, but yet be totally Amel related, and interesting/helpful/useful to owners who see it. This could possibly have a weekly or monthly summary feed into the main group, or simply be left for us to wander over and have a look from time to time.

We are all different, and that is a good thing as we have such a diverse group of passionate owners here. In our case, we actually often enjoy seeing any useful Amel related "commercial" type postings and for example, look forward to actually purchasing and reading this book to compare it with our own circumnavigation.

As usual, though, Bill has been swift in taking a stand, and then on reflection, quickly offer an even a better solution that would enhance this group even more. Thank you Bill!

For more than ten years now we have been members of this incredible group of passionate Amel owners. Over this time, especially going back 7-9 years, there have been many occasions where we have all seen Bill quickly and fearlessly step in, and take a stand in the interests of the wider group, to keep things moving forward and in the right direction. There are others here too who have done similarly, and that is in our opinion why this group has become such an incredible resource and actually and enhancement to the entire Amel Brand, even with the new direction today. To Bill and the others, THANK YOU!

Colin & Lauren Streeter
SV Island Pearl II, sm #332 Brisbane, Australia

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 10:40 PM Davi Rozgonyi <davi.rozgonyi@...> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 04:50 PM, David Cummane wrote:
Quite galling also to read non-amel owners inappropriately throwing their weight around.  Should the forum be restricted to owners only?

There isn't so much traffic on it that it bothers me. And any on here are probably looking to buy an amel, and as some of us are selling their amels, maybe allowing amel owners and serious wannabes is not such a bad thing.

--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445

--