Re: Saint Maarten

Arno Luijten

Hi Courtney,

We have been living in the marina of Fort Louis, Marigot for several months now. Last year we lived for 8 months here as well. Although the marina is a bit of a mess, as location it is the best. They did start renovations since a few months now but the speed is amazingly slow. If you are talking about unattended docking I don’t recommend Fort Louis. Island water world is to be preferred. Do make reservations!

We are currently St Maarten residents living aboard our Amel during the boating season. Alex Ramseyer with his Amel is in Island waterworld at least until February.

Anse Marcel is still a dump, nobody knows when they will start repairs there. Oyster Pond the same. Bobby’s Marina is a complicated story (don’t ask). IGY marina is  expensive, just like Port the Plaisance. Be aware the Heineken regatta is early March so berths are difficult/expensive to get.

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

Arno Luijten,
SV Luna,