Re: Grounding for solar panels / solar arch

Mark Erdos

Hi Mike,

We too have an aluminum arch. It is not bonded since it is not in constant contact with saltwater.

IMO – the MPPT should not be connected to anything other than the solar panels and the batteries. This is consistent with the “floating ground” design of Amel.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us