Re: Grounding for solar panels / solar arch

Matt Salatino

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

On Jan 26, 2020, at 4:32 PM, SV Trilogy <svtrilogy53@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I've done some searching but haven't found a definitive answer. I'm curious for those of you with solar panels mounted on an aft arch (mine is aluminum)... do you have any grounding in place? My panels and arch have been in place for roughly two years and I haven't noticed any problems. No other equipment on the arch at this point. Does grounding just protect in the event of a panel failure/short/leak?

The MPPT controller is grounded to the generator. Is this OK?

Can anyone recommend some tests I could perform with the voltmeter to make sure everything is OK?

Thanks,
Mike
SV Trilogy - SM23
Opua, NZ