Re: Generator monitoring

Two things:

Onan sells the instrument add-on. It is plug and play.

The Onan sensors and pcb control are designed to shut down the generator before damage.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020, 6:35 PM william reynolds <sail23692@...> wrote:
Being new to my SM2000 I was surprised at the lack of instrumentation
for the generator. Having had 2 generator equipped boats that had oil pressure, temp. and
A/C load I am curious if all SM are missing these vital instruments. They give advance warning of an oil leak, bad impeller
or A/C overload. I'm also a commercial pilot and would not fly without this instrumentation. Is this the norm for these boats?
Bill Reynolds
Cloudstreet SM #331