Re: Grounding for solar panels / solar arch

Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)

Yikes, ok. Thanks Alan. I'll need to remedy this.

Do the metal parts in the exhaust systems qualify for bonding as well then? The muffler on my main engine is metal and the fittings on the generator's nonmetal muffler are also metal. The engine's muffler is bolted to the angle-iron frame, so maybe it's already bonded? I will check. Or perhaps none of this counts as these metal parts and the seawater in contact are isolated, not connected to the rest of the ocean or other parts of the boat? I don't think it would hurt to bond them... would it?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Mike
SV Trilogy - SM23