Re: Mobile communications - 4G, WiFi

Alan "Woody" Wood

It’s definitely worth trying first before shelling out loads of money and running wires everywhere. Things are only getting better and cheaper with mobile networks too. We anchor 90% of the time during summer and most of that time we get 4G.. occasionally 3G. Coastal sailing too is never usually a problem.. sometimes we even get coverage 20km out! The thing is to find a sim plan that covers all of Europe and costs less than €1 per Gig. Some ‘unlimited’ plans have caps on ‘roaming’ outside your native country.. so check the small print. Our plan is UK address only but i’m sure there must be others out there.