Re: Grounding for solar panels / solar arch

David Kurtz

Patrick, zincs that are eroding is a good thing.  That means they are providing protection as they are supposed to erode.  It's when corrosion/erosion shows up elsewhere (for example, a pump impeller) that you have a problem.  That means that the pump is not protected by the sacrificial anode.  As for the macerator pump on your heads, I thought those motors were already bonded.  Seems to me I saw a bonding wire on mine, although I'm not on my boat right now.
--
Dave Kurtz
SM2 #380

Detroit, Michigan